It is not necessary to talk about the meaning of the microphone on your PC.Pense in all your meetings in Skype or Zoom and similar, and you can see how much setback is a non-functional microphone on your Windows 11 or Windows 10- The laptop is.
It may not be a common look that your microphone does not work, but there may be some factors that trigger this problem. A common culprit are updates that are not installed correctly. It can also be a hardware problem and, in this case, your technician is bestcommitment to solve it.
Here, we go through the steps to correct the microphone that does not work on Windows 11 and 10. It is better to follow all these methods in chronological sequence for a systematic resolution. However, if you believe your microphone simply feels "silent", he jumpsdirectly to the first, second and last step to get a quick solution to obtain.
- 1. Check the data protection configuration for the microphone
- 2. Check the microphone controller
- 3. Disable the microphone and be used again
- 4. Check the sound configuration
- 5. Try your microphone
- 6. The sound correction of sound errors
- 7. Configure voice recognition
- common questions
1. Check the data protection configuration for the microphone
Already in 2019, Microsoft Windows has introduced new data protection functions with which you provide more granular control over which applications access your microphone. To know.
Follow the following setting to check Microsoft's data protection setting on Windows 10 and 11:
- In Windows 10, go to "Configuration -> Privacy -> Microphone" .The corresponding option on Windows 11 is "Configuration -> Privacy and Security -> Microphone".
Alternatively, you can also perform an initial menu to search "Micropon Privacy Settings".
- Click "Change" and make sure the Windows 11 microphone access is set to "ON". This means the microphone is now activated on your PC.
- Go to Windows 10 "Activate access to the microphone on this device" and make sure the slider is "activated". If "show", click "Change" to activate it again.
- Make sure the sliding control in "Applications, to access your" a "microphone is configured. You want to use.
- Obviously, you probably use many apps, not the Microsoft Store.To ensure that they are activated on Windows 10, turn off below and place the "Desktop application ..." in "a" .No Windows 11, the corresponding option "is to leave the desktop app to your access microphone".How your sliding control.🇧🇷
2. Check the microphone controller
Once you check data protection problems for the microphone, you should check if the microphone controllers have been installed and work properly. Recommend the controllers because they can be disturbed or simply outdated.
If you have a version of the newly -instead Windows and still have an obsolete microphone controller, you will probably have problems without sound, recordings or silent microphone.
Follow the following steps to verify the state of the controller:
- Look for "Device Administrator" in the Start Menu. You can also search "DevmGMT.MSC"Of the Executive CommandpressingVictoria+Riñonal.
- Look for "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" in the device administrator and expand -o.
- Once expanded, you'll see your audio controllers. It is named after the names vary according to the manufacturer. In my case, I called two "Intel Audio Display (R)" and "High Definition Audio Realtek".
- Click on Intel (R) right -click and select properties. Check the general guide that the device works properly.
- If you don't work correctly, click the Controller tab and select the "Update" option.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for other audio controllers.
- Restart the computer and make sure the microphone problem is solved.
3. Disable the microphone and be used again
In the same device administrator, you can try to disable the microphone device and solve all sound problems.
- Go to the running device administrator on the initial menu or in the command by typing "Devmgmt.msc".
- Go to "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" and expand -o to identify the microphone device you are using. Click right -click to disable the device.
- After a few seconds, click the microphone device to repeat it again.
- Repeat the process for all audio controllers on your device to determine if the microphone on Windows 10/11 does not work.
4. Check the sound configuration
There are a variety of sound settings that can be used to ensure that the Windows microphone work again.
Follow the following instructions for our Windows system:
- Click the sound symbol in the right extremist corner -In Windows 10 taskbar and select the "Sounds" option.
- On the "recording" tab of the Windows 10 sound control panel, click the microphone and select the "Properties" option for all green bars move in the selected default microphone.
- Select the "Layers" tab and increase the volume. Make the same with the speaker/headphones and your "balance".
- Go to the "advanced" tab of the microphone properties and check the "exclusive mode" fields, including "applications to assume the exclusive control of this device" and "Provide exclusively priority applications".
- Use these changes and click "Accept". Reinat the device to determine if the microphone problems have been resolved.
- In Windows 11, click the speaker symbol next to the sound symbol in the taskbar and select "Sound Configuration".
- Once the sound configuration page is open, move to the "microphone". Click it to open a new menu.
- On the next screen, you will see the microphone details used on your device. Realtek Audio can be displayed as a standard on your PC or laptop. If you use an ear headset, this will be shown as a microphone.
- Make sure you have selected and activated the correct device on Windows 11 to serve as a default microphone. Click to open "microphone properties".
- Go to the "Layers" tab in the microphone and make sure the highest volume values have been established.
- Go to the "extended" tab of the same emerging window and make sure the boxes "activate" more "exclusive" audio improvements have been marked.
- Click "Accept" and restart Windows 11 computer to check if the microphone problems have been solved.
5. Try your microphone
You can also try your microphone on the sound setting volume controls on Windows 11/10.
- In Windows 11, go from the search menu with "ton configuration" and "configuration configuration" and "try your microphone" .For Windows 10, the "configuration" "" configuration "corresponding is followed by" intro ".
- Click "Start" on Windows 11 to test your volume on the device.
- In both cases, the test microphone will specify the volume of the available microphone as a percentage of the total volume. If the figure is very small, you should repair the volume of the microphone by other techniques.
6. The sound correction of sound errors
You can solve sound problems, including the microphone, making audio errors integrated in Windows.
- On Windows 11/10, click the sound symbol in the corner of the taskbar extremist right and select "error solution problems".
- The computer recognizes all existing errors with your audio and recommends receiving corrections for you. You just need to read the entry requests and click on the options you think you work for.
- Start with a quick scan of audio problems on your Windows device. It is how several random tests are presented, for example, a beak. You should confirm whether you can hear the sound generated by the computer.
- Correction of audio errors will occur in one of the possible causes of sound problems on your device. A absent or obsolete audio controller can be and use the corrective measure as recommended; for example, reinstall controllers.
Once the correction solution is applied, audio problems in relation to the microphone should be remedied.
7. Configure voice recognition
One of the best microphone problems on a Windows 11/10 device is to configure it again for voice recognition.
- Go from the search menu to the "Control Panel" and browse "Easy Access", followed by "voice recognition".
- Select the "Configure" microphone to ensure your computer works properly with voice recognition.
- Select the type of microphone you want to use for voice recognition. If there are no external devices connected to your laptop or PC, select "Table Microphone". Click nearby to continue.
- Make the proper placement of the microphone, you should not be more than 2.6 meters from the mouth and point directly to your head.
- Adjust the volume of the microphone reading the phrases shown in your natural voice. This will quickly move green bars, indication that your microphone can rise well.
- Find a state of confirmation that the microphone you use can use with your computer. Click on "Complete" to finish this assistant.
1. How did my microphone restart on Windows 11/10?
To restore the microphone on Windows 11/10, you must configure it as a standard device. First, configure the voice recognition microphone through a simple assistant that can be made "easy access" in the "Operational Field" (see above).
Then go to the right extremist singing of the taskbar and look for the "Sons" menu .Hier on the "Cover" tab, you should activate the planned microphone as a standard speaker.
2. Why is my Windows microphone displayed on the device administrator?
Sometimes the microphone device on the device administrator seems invisible. This problem can be solved going to the "sound control panel" at "sounds" sounds.Mouse Right to display disabled microphones on your Windows device. You must try it again.
You can find more Windows corrections in our instructions on howFix a monitor if you don't wake up after bedand repairLast problems of Windows 10 updates.
Sayak Bereral is a technology author with more than eleven years of experience in various sectors, including semiconductors, IoT, Enterprise TI, telecommunications -SS/BSS and network security. Software tools and product analysis.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Our last tutorials were delivered directly to their inbox.